FEYNLAB® TOP COAT is a revolution in hydrophobic protection for vehicle surfaces. Engineered with the sole obsession of being the most water fearing (hydrophobic) coating on the market. In addition, the super low free surface energy of TOP COAT causes the surface to feel slicker to the touch than anything else by a landslide.
TOP COAT will help keep exterior vehicle surfaces cleaner for longer due to the super high hydrophobic properties. This means vehicles will appear cleaner and, when washing surfaces, waters contaminants will release off with great ease.
FEYNLAB’s™ true nano technology and bonding chemistry allows for an unparalleled level of protection since the formula penetrates further into the existing paint structure than anything else available.
Durability & Application Surfaces:
Durability – 1 year.
Application includes 1 component layer, reaching an overall film build between 1-2 microns.
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
- Clear-coated painted surfaces (see warranty terms and conditions for approved manufacturers &
- vehicle types
- Black textured plastics
- Headlights & Tail-lights
- Black piano trim
- Clear-coated painted wheel rims & calipers
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® TOP COAT
Always wear respirator & gloves during application. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.
Thoroughly clean vehicle using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH. Follow with a topical decontamination clay treatment using FEYNLAB® PRIME. If necessary, use a ferrous iron removal product to remove all embedded iron deposits. After polishing paint to desired level, remove all polish oils using FEYNLAB® PANEL PREP to ensure optimal bonding and durability of the coating.
Prior to application place vehicle in a well lit, temperature controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination free environment. Have plenty (6 or more) new microfiber towels, 2-3 microfiber sponge applicators, or 1-2 foam applicators on hand BEFORE application.
Once the car is prepared, we recommend taping off and protecting all unapproved surfaces. By performing this step, you minimize the risk of etching by the solvents in FEYNLAB® TOP COAT on unapproved surfaces such as rubber lining around windows and doors. Avoid these surfaces with TOP COAT and wipe off immediately if any product accidentally finds these surfaces.
Shake TOP COAT vigorously for 2 min before use. Open the bottle and allow the coating 1min of air exposure.
- Apply enough TOP COAT to a microfiber sponge applicator to fully cover a single panel such as a door or half a hood.
- Make a “+” (plus) sign with product in the middle of the panel, then wipe around the boundaries of the section creating a frame.
- Next, fill in the framed area with slightly overlapping straight lines from left to right over the whole area and then repeat now creating up and down line. This cross-hatching ensures an level application.
- TOP COAT should be applied to only one panel, or half a panel at a time if it is larger.
- Immediately wipe off TOP COAT following same pattern of application, using a clean microfiber towel.
- If the surface is difficult to buff clear (hazy) reduce the application area.
Recommended Maximum Area of Application:
One panel, then wipe off in same pattern as application.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe, than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Infrared Curing (Optional)
Cure each panel with an IR lamp @ 60°C (140°F) for 15min at a distance of ~30-36″ from the panel.
Post Application Instructions:
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 24 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
- Wash & Maintain using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH or FEYNLAB® PURE RINSELESS.
All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If humidity level approaches 75% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
If possible apply coating in temperature controlled environment 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.